For excellent information about using a full service agency¬† (Like Premier Nannies) vs. an online or internet agency, visit ¬†www.theapna.org.¬†APNA is the national organization that oversees and provides industry standards for nanny placement agencies throughout the United States. Only select agencies are part of APNA and agree to the standards and practice of an APNA agency. Premier Nannies is a proud member of APNA.
Why is Premier Nannies and Rent A Mom Unique?
- Rent A Mom was started in 1981 as a¬†locally owned and operated agency. It is locally owned and operated by Laurie Pensack who purchased the business in 1990. To add to the babysitting service, she created Premier Nannies to support the community’s needs for permanent/long-term nanny and household assistants. “Our service is personalized and we answer the phones whenever humanly possible. Of course, like most businesses these days, we are available, and sometimes operate via email and voicemail.”
- Rent A Mom temporary service enables us to maintain a large pool of nannies, many of whom are seeking full and part-time long-term positions. For example, if you meet an applicant through our agency who you are interested in hiring, and the position doesn’t start for several weeks, we can often keep her busy with temp work until the position starts. ¬†Additionally, if your nanny is ill, goes on vacation or her position is terminated for any reason, our temporary department is always available for backup childcare. Assistance is often available with 24 hours.
- The Rent A Mom temporary service also allows us to get to know our nannies personally and maintain a quality and long-term relationship with them.
- Our placement fee schedule is a flat fee:¬†Because of our “flat fee” for permanent placements you can count on our staff to recommend salaries that are within the industry averages. We assist you with choices and advise you in advance ¬†about what an applicant is seeking so you are well informed.
What do I get for the agency fee and what can our family count on Premier Nannies and Rent A Mom for?
- The stability of a full service local agency and staff which has built a long-term, positive reputation in Denver since 1981.¬†Most of our business is word of mouth from families/colleagues to each other; and nannies to other nannies.
- Our staff is knowledgeable, experienced, and will be available to provide temporary childcare if the nanny you hire is unavailable for any reason.
- The initial Personal Statement, which we request of applicants who are seeking both nanny and household assistant positions, offers excellent insight into the candidate’s professional and personal history including childcare and household management experience and other experiences about other employment and personal interests. This is also an excellent overview where you may learn what the applicant enjoys on a personal basis, the ages of children they feel experienced and comfortable with, and why they feel we and our families should consider them for their positions. The initial Personal Statement is an excellent tool for determining who we choose to follow up with and invite to meet.
- Our references and background checks are thorough. We pride¬†ourselves on how much we¬†scrutinize our applicants. Whatever we can legally obtain on an applicant – we do… with full disclosure to our clients! Includes: Local (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) and National criminal searches (felony & misdemeanor; sex offender database); motor vehicle record; social security trace. Of course, any nanny who is actively working through our agency has had background checks completed, and even randomly done throughout the year.
- Above all, the promise that our friendly and dedicated staff will always do its best to get your family the quality care you seek. We are constantly looking for the proverbial “red flags” on applicants, e.g., inconsistencies and/or gaps in work history; we request proof of claimed accomplishments and we require verifiable references.
¬†How long is the permanent search process for a nanny?
It really depends on each family’s needs. We’ve been known to fill jobs in two days – but ¬†could take up to a few weeks. We’ll focus solely on your needs and work to find an employee to fit your specific needs, so be patient! If you have optional scheduling options, that will increase the number of quality applicants who are available for your position.
No matter what your needs, we post your position immediately on our website for instant viewing by potential candidates. When we have an applicant apply who is interested in your position, we provide you with a detailed profile ¬†before you interview them.
Does the nanny become my employee?
Yes. Upon registering with our agency, we have a very informative packet of material available to assist with your search, including tax information from two highly reputable companies that we have worked with for several years and that have serviced dozens of our clients. We do, however, recommend that you consult a tax advisor.
Two excellent companies to consider are: GTM Payroll Services ¬†and Nannychex. Download the¬†NannyChex 2014 Information Sheet¬†¬†to learn about your tax obligations and learn about their payroll service.
Fees & Guarantees
For Premier Nannies placements
Rent A Mom babysitting
If you are using our Rent A Mom¬†babysitting service (which uses the same highly screened candidates), you can
Learn more about our guarantees and other options for Rent A Mom here.