Looking for quality childcare? Rent A Mom Temporary Service provides nannies and assistants for short-term positions.
Whether you need a mother’s helper or babysitter for a day, an evening, a week, a weekend or even a few weeks, Rent A Mom is available for you.
Our temporaries are screened and background checked; many of whom are seeking full or part-time positions and are part of the temporary pool while searching for their permanent placement. We have hourly, daily and special rates for longer assignments to include the following:
- All age children, from newborns up
- Temp nannies for Churches, Synagogues, Conventions
- Residential and Hotel guests
- Vacations and business trips
- Substitutes for In-home daycares, preschools, and day care centers
- Substitutes for your regular nanny/ A Day Off/ or An evening out!
We are very proud of our reputation, and we are fully accredited with APNA (Association of Premier Nanny Agencies) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We recruit only experienced, quality applicants for childcare and assistance for your household.
How much does Rent a Mom cost? You can use our service to find quality babysitters, on an hourly basis to the temp nanny and a daily agency fee to Rent A Mom. Learn more about the Rent a Mom service, agency fees, salaries, and cancellation policy below.
Rent a Mom Fees, Salaries, and Policies
Rent A Mom provides nannies for short-term assignments: daily, evening, weekend, weekly, around-the-clock assignments, or even a few months. For: NEWBORNS ON UP; PARENTS’ HELPER; HOTEL GUESTS; VACATIONS/BUSINESS TRIPS; BACKUP CHILDCARE/REPLACING AN ILL OR VACATIONING NANNY; CHURCH/SYNAGOGUE NURSERIES; OR JUST A DAY OFF OR AN EVENING OUT!
Our Rent A Mom service is extremely popular.
- Please provide adequate notice (if possible, 24-48 hours) so we can meet your needs… though many times we are able to fill an assignment the day of.
- Please feel free to request a particular caregiver and we will check her availability.
Contractual reminders on our service
- Important Notice: Please remember you are agreeing to contact our agency to request back a specific temp, or ask for someone different. We have contracts with them and we ask that you please not ask them to work for you without contacting the Agency. We rely on and appreciate your integrity and respect for the job we do in screening, getting references, and both up front and random background checks throughout the year on each person, so that we can continue to provide you with quality caregivers.
- Ask about Buy-outs. A buy-out allows you to “buy away” a nanny from the agency and eliminates the daily agency fee. If you have built a relationship with a nanny and would like to buy her away from the Agency please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After filling out our inquiry form, we will send you the entire Temporary Package, and thanks for considering Rent A Mom!
Agency Fees, Cancellation Policy & Nanny/Babysitter salaries for Temporary Service only
Daily Agency fee: Optional annual membership, $75, plus a daily fee of $13 per day. Without the membership: $18 per day. All agency fees are placed on a credit card: Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
Hourly or Daily Rates for Temporary Nannies
- Temporary nannies are paid hourly for basic childcare: $13 TO $16 per hour, depending on service provided, number of children, and time of day (evening assignments are often the lower rate).
- Parents’ Helper is $15-17 per hour depending on responsibilities requested (includes laundry, vacuuming, errands, food shopping, light meal prep, kitchen pickup, etc.);
- 24 hour rates range from $185-225 per 24 hour period (the rate is hourly if a nanny is working overnight to care for and feed an infant).
Nannies are paid by check or cash by local clients; and by cash only for out-of-state clients.
Cancellation Policy: We require at least 48 hours cancellation notice once your request has been filled and confirmed by the nanny or us (by Friday 3pm if assignment is on a Monday). For 24-hour (around-the-clock) assignments we require 4 days notice of cancellation once a nanny has been confirmed.
Our success rate at filling temporary assignments is very high. We use our best efforts to fill each assignment, and there is always that rare chance that a request may go unfilled so we apologize in advance.